Nerbing: a Noun-Verb Semantic Activity with Protocol, Video Demo, 70 photo stimuli pictures as a ZIP digital download
How about some interesting AND effective word recall activities. Now you can break through the drudgery of tired word finding drills and apps. This NERBING program will help your clients independently activate and generate words using their own creative mental processes. Then, given the alternating categories of nouns < > verbs, assist them in using their own thoughts to create and say sentences. Now you can effectively exploit the current research on how the brain processes semantic and lexical information. This means creative and aggressive treatment and recovery with a tinge of FUN. Avoid the inadvertent learned helplessness that accompanies excessive use of worksheets, apps and external cueing. This activity targets from moderate to very mild aphasia and cognitive problems.
This product is part of the PickUp Doable series at EverythingSLP Marketplace.
This 11-page telepractice friendly product contains:
- the original exercise with detailed instructions in both a pdf and WORD format.
- five variations on the original treatment activity.
- a performance objective for the exercise as well as many ideas for scaffolding and advancing the client's performance.
- modern, clean stimulus photographs (captioned and un-captioned).
- 5 pages containing hundreds of stimuli and practice materials.
- a 7-minute demonstration video by the authors.
- references for research based evidence including URL links.
This Nerbing activity co-ordinates well with other mindful treatment activities that encourage the client's ability to independently create speech and language, especially the Light Up The Lemma program by Bekah Wilson Nice: